Aug 26, 2001
If a person tests positive for Hepatitis should he begin to use condoms when sexually active?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If the hepatitis is B ,Yes.If the hepatitis is C and the person has more than one partner ,also Yes.If is HCV with single long standing partner (MONOGAMOUS),I test the partner and if negative do not recommend condoms.In this setting the risk is from 0 to 3%.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Gay People Have A Higher Risk Of Getting Hiv Or Stds?
- Will You Contract Hiv By Having Sex With An Hiv Negative Person?
- Can Ammonia Kill Hepatitis C?
- Does Having Unprotected Sex With Someone With Hiv Always Mean You Will Get It?
- Hiv Eye Infection Swollen Eyelids
- Hiv Needle Attack Rumors
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.