Aug 26, 2001
If a person tests positive for Hepatitis should he begin to use condoms when sexually active?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If the hepatitis is B ,Yes.If the hepatitis is C and the person has more than one partner ,also Yes.If is HCV with single long standing partner (MONOGAMOUS),I test the partner and if negative do not recommend condoms.In this setting the risk is from 0 to 3%.
what is Hepitis B? And what are the symptoms?
- Achy Balls After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.