best pain reliever?

Hey you guys, I asked this already but nobody answered it. Which pain reliever is least harmful for the liver in folks with Hep C? I would think acetaminephen would not be, since it canbe highly toxic to the liver but I understand that is the drug of choice for many physicians treating with interferon and such. What is the deal here? Also as a female with severe cramps during my menstrual cycle, ibuprofen offers far more relief than anything else. What is the harm involved if I take it?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Many antinflamatories are metabolized through the liver.We suggest that you take them with caution.Regarding acetaminophen,I tell my hepatitis patients to not use more than 3gm.per day.Sometimes a lower dose of NSAIDS,can be better.There is not a standard in all this ,and many physicians do different things.

caregiver/ should-shouldn't take a possile hepC baby
Decreasing viral loads