caregiver/ should-shouldn't take a possile hepC baby

I was recently approached by a women looking for daycare. She told me she was HepC positive, and that her baby could be, but the doc., had told her he didn't think the the baby had it. I didn't know what to tell her. I have other children in my daycare to think about. What should I tell her?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

YOU may look for another question about this same situation aswered today.The risks for yourself ,your staff,or the other children are minimal.Hepatitis C is only trasmmited by blood.The only way would be if blood of that baby entered in contact with a laceration or wound of another person.This is such a remote possibility,that you may take care of the baby without concern.

tested +forHepC while pregnant
best pain reliever?