tested +forHepC while pregnant

I found-out while I was pregnant,that I had HepC,and I'm scary, that my 5week old son could have it. What kinds of test can I have ran, and what kinds of precaution should I take. I would like to go back to work, but I'm arfaid, that no daycare will take him. Despartly, need help.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

First,you do not specify if you had the routine antibody test or if you got the confirmation.If it was the first,you should confirm it ,you still can be negative.Second,if you are HCV,the possibility of the baby to have been infected during delivery is,low (less5%),unless you are also HIV where it doubles.You will need to check the baby after 6 months and,if negative ,1 year.The baby cannot trasmit this to anybody, unless blood from the baby (if positive),enters in contact with an open wound or laceration.You can see that the risks for the day care people are minimal.Go to your doctor, and have the tests.If you are unlucky and both you and the baby are positive,usually the hepatitis in the infants is very mild ,and there is treatment available for you.Good luck.

Confused over antibodies
caregiver/ should-shouldn't take a possile hepC baby