|Confused over antibodies
Aug 26, 2001
I would like to ask a general question about Hepatitis B (HBV) but I need to give you a few specifics to do so.
I recently recovered from chronic HBV. My doctor told me I am "cured" because I developed surface antibodies about 3 months ago, and that my surface antigen is negative. Further, my e-antigen is "non-reactive", the same as negative, according to my doctor. What puzzles me is that my e-antibody is still negative. My doc says this should convert just as the surface antibodies did but with time. Do you agree? By the way, My HBV viral load is undetectable.
My questions are: 1.) What is the significance of the e-antibody given that I have developed surface antibodies. Should I be worried that it is still negative?
2) Once one has developed surface antibodies can this reverse (i.e., I lose the surface antibodies and become re-infected and contageious)?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
You are cured.Probably you missed the e antibody positivity,as they appear as the e antigen dissapear and are the early predictors that the patient will resolve and convert to B surface antibodies.You already did,and you are O.K.
is it always postive
tested +forHepC while pregnant
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.