Confused over antibodies

Hi-

I would like to ask a general question about Hepatitis B (HBV) but I need to give you a few specifics to do so.

I recently recovered from chronic HBV. My doctor told me I am "cured" because I developed surface antibodies about 3 months ago, and that my surface antigen is negative. Further, my e-antigen is "non-reactive", the same as negative, according to my doctor. What puzzles me is that my e-antibody is still negative. My doc says this should convert just as the surface antibodies did but with time. Do you agree? By the way, My HBV viral load is undetectable.

My questions are: 1.) What is the significance of the e-antibody given that I have developed surface antibodies. Should I be worried that it is still negative?

2) Once one has developed surface antibodies can this reverse (i.e., I lose the surface antibodies and become re-infected and contageious)?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

You are cured.Probably you missed the e antibody positivity,as they appear as the e antigen dissapear and are the early predictors that the patient will resolve and convert to B surface antibodies.You already did,and you are O.K.

is it always postive
tested +forHepC while pregnant