|Hepatitis B, Liver enzymes
Aug 26, 2001
I have recently tested positive for Antibodies to Hepatitis B Core (anti-HBc), when I donated blood. My alanine aminotransferase liver enzyme (ATL) count was 15IU/L. What would the normal liver enzyme count be for a 33yr old female?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The ALT normal depends in the type of assay used by the particular laboratory.In general,the upper range of normal can be between 35 to 75.Your ALT result is probably normal.The positive anti-core Ab indicates, that you had infection with the B hepatitis virus.You should check if you have resolved this infection,with aditional tests.The tests that you need are HBsAg and HBsAb.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chills After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.