Hep B Test Result Dilemma

Hi Doc,

Thanks for all the help you provide all of us..without you many of us would not be able to cope with this disease. Here's my dilemma.. After 1 1/2 years from being infected with Hep B, with NO TREATMENT, I have the following results: E-antibody Pos E-Antigen Neg Surface Antigen-Neg Surface Antibody-Neg

My Dr. says I am chronic, I say Bull Crap..he wants to do a biopsy and I say no, let's wait. What are the odds of the surface antibody showing up. I was very very sick for three months. Also, would an immunization for Hep B help at all?

Please answer. Thank you

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

I do not think we can say you have chronic HBV as you do not have detectable virus in your body.This is documented by a positive surface antigen and positive e antigen.What happened in your case, is that your body could not develop an adequate antibody response ,and it remains with non detectable antibodies.You may try a vaccine boost but it may not be effective.I do not think you need a liver biopsy for this reason only neither.

What is risk of Hep C after stick with solid pin
famliy member has hep c