I love you Dr Dieterich! :-) Fatty Liver cont'd

Dr. Douglas Dieterich, Thank you SOOOOOOO much for answering my question about fatty liver & high triglycerides. I was worrying myself sick! It is true- I am overweight- and my family does have a history of overweight diabetics. My question now is- will the diet & exersize return the fatty liver back to normal, or is it something I have to deal with? What would further complications or issue be that might arise from fatty liver? If diet & exersize will in fact return it back to normal, how long would it take? Thank you so much for this website- it is priceless! You probably have a big piece of heaven waiting for you- :-)

Response from Dr. Dieterich

In general if you reduce your weight and your serum lipids and glucose, the fat will dissolve from your liver. The best way to do this is diet(low sugar) and exercise(aerobic). There are few side effects to that. Medication may help after you have maximized the diet and exercise. Good luck! DTD

Thank you, Dr. Dieterich!
Hep B Results