Thank you, Dr. Dieterich!

Dear Dr. Dieterich, I am SO sorry that I called you Dr. Gallant! I was just so tired and had been on the net for weeks! YOU are the one that I wished to speak with because everyone knows that you are THE MAN when it comes to HIV/HCV co-infection. I ordered a tape by you and just received it yesterday. I am so touched that someone as famous, important and busy as you would take the time to inform and comfort strangers. Now THAT is a real doctor. I am not writing this message to be posted in the forum; rather this is a personal thank-you to express my gratitude for answering. I am a 43-year-old college student working on a masters in education. I studied Medical Ethics with a bunch of pre-med students last year. I feel that you epitomize what our professor was teaching us that doctors should be. I am very worried about my friend and her "no meds" attitude. She has read everything I have given her. If she won't listen to you, then she probably won't listen to anyone! (But I won't give up trying!) Thank you for your valuable time. (And yes, you are very galant!) With my sincere gratitude.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear J, I am posting this without your name, because we all like to see a positive message every once in a while. Thanks for your support and good luck with your friend! DTD

mis-diagnosis with hep c
I love you Dr Dieterich! :-) Fatty Liver cont'd