Hepitis C Can Im spread it to my family?

I was notified in June that I was positive for Hepatitis C from the Am Red Cross after I tried to donate blood. I have tatoos and believe this is how I got it. How can I keep my family from getting this from me? I recently had a friend that died from this and I'm scared because I know nothing about it. I have had a liver CT scan but don't know the results yet. My blood work shows my liver enzymes at 52 which I was told is allright. I also am going to see a gastroenterologist. Is there anything else I should be doing? Thank You.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is a lot you should know. However HCV is not easily transmitted. It is really only passed on by blood to blood contact, so don't share razors or toothbrushes with your family. Heterosexual sex is not a real risk. Ask your MD about blood tests, genotype and treatment options. The new combo treatment was just approved. Good luck! DTD

Cure available to general public???
infection control of hiv or hepatitis