Cure available to general public???

My mother in law has hepatitis C and so do MANY other people I know. What I want to know is- if there is a cure, why do so many people still have it? With a cure, can we count on this strain being erradicated within the next ten to twenty years? Also, how does this cure appear to impact the ability to find a cure for other strains of hepatitis?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Yes there is a cure for hepatitis C. However it is not easy to take and it is not 100% effective. Not everyone wants to go through the treatment and not everyone knows they are infected! There is also a cure for hepatitis B and the same things apply. There is more hope for hepatitis B being eradicated since we are vaccinating all of our children against it, so the next generation hopefully will be hepatitis B free! DTD

combo peg. interferon riboviron avalability date
Hepitis C Can Im spread it to my family?