HIV &HCV

Hi. If I was sexually (hetro) exposed to HIV and hep c at the same time, would it still be safe to assume a negative hiv status if tested at six months from exposure? Also, I was tested for hcv six weeks following my exposure and they never told me I needed to repeat the test. They said that it is a very slim chance of getting sexually. Are these things true or should I be tested for hcv and/or hiv again?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis C is unlikely to be transmitted through heterosexual sex. However 6 weeks is too soon to get tested. You should get re tested for both HIV and HCV after about 6 months. In the meantime, be safe! DTD

Vaccines
combo peg. interferon riboviron avalability date