Aug 20, 2001
Hi. If I was sexually (hetro) exposed to HIV and hep c at the same time, would it still be safe to assume a negative hiv status if tested at six months from exposure? Also, I was tested for hcv six weeks following my exposure and they never told me I needed to repeat the test. They said that it is a very slim chance of getting sexually. Are these things true or should I be tested for hcv and/or hiv again?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis C is unlikely to be transmitted through heterosexual sex. However 6 weeks is too soon to get tested. You should get re tested for both HIV and HCV after about 6 months. In the meantime, be safe! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.