Elevated Liver Enzymes

Hello Dr. Dieterich, after having different test done I was told I had a polyp and gallstones on my gallbladder. My liver specialist said there was no need to have it removed; he said my liver enzymes were high (156 up from 105) due to a fatty liver. I was on Zocor 10 ml a day for more than 7 months - my cholestrol has jump up to 435 from 265 and this test was taken after fasting. My doctor took me off Zocor and put me on Tricor 200ml a day. My question is - would removing the gallbladder lower my liver enzymes and is it true told that the polyp may turn cancerous if not removed?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Gallbladder polyps are not like colon polyps and do not require removal because of the risk of malignancy. I am assuming that all your hepatitis markers are negative. Tricor is a good idea. You also have to watch your diet very carefully. You don't say if you have HIV or not. That would make a difference too. DTD

cure??
HIV and Hepatitis B and C Positive