Aug 13, 2001
Is it possible to be cured of hcv if you are co-infected with hiv, and if so what is the rate.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Our data so far indicate that it is certainly possible to get a cure and that the rate in HIV + persons is similar to the rate in HIV negative people. With the pegylated interferon and ribavirin, that will be about 55%, depending on the genotype of the hepatitis C. It will be higher for genotype 2 and 3 and lower for genotype 1. Now is good time to get treated, the combination has just been approved by the FDA! DTD
Elevated Liver Enzymes
- Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Disease Symptoms
- Is Dna By Pcr Accurate After One Week Hiv?
- Small Red Blotches On Stomach And Hiv
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- Syphilis Chancre Sores And Tea Tree Oil
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.