Nervous

Hi Dr., Great work you and your colleagues do. I had Hep B just recently, jaundice is clearing well. If I did have HIV wouldn't the Hep B be worse or not clear up. Going to get tested soon but just curious. Also can you feel fatigued as diseaes leaves. Thanx.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Yes, hepatitis B is definitely worse in the presence of HIV. Fatigue is also part of the recovery process which may last 2-3 months. Hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease and so is HIV, so get tested for both. For those of you who have not had hepatitis B, get vaccinated! It is preventable by vaccines and by having safe sex! DTD

New Medication
Please explain the terminology