Aug 2, 2001
Hi Dr., Great work you and your colleagues do. I had Hep B just recently, jaundice is clearing well. If I did have HIV wouldn't the Hep B be worse or not clear up. Going to get tested soon but just curious. Also can you feel fatigued as diseaes leaves. Thanx.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes, hepatitis B is definitely worse in the presence of HIV. Fatigue is also part of the recovery process which may last 2-3 months. Hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease and so is HIV, so get tested for both. For those of you who have not had hepatitis B, get vaccinated! It is preventable by vaccines and by having safe sex! DTD
Please explain the terminology
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- Other Causes Of Trichomoniasis
- Burning Sensation In Toes And Palms
- Can Low Immune System Cause Delayed Seroconversion?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.