For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

HEP Results

Dear Dr. My test results show I have the e antibody and do not have the e antigen anymore. Still do not have the Surface antibody, but still show the Surface antigen. What does this mean? Am I still infectious?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The answer is that you are most probably cured! The surface antigen almost never converts back again and if you don't have e antigen than you most likely are not infectious. Ask your MD to check the HBV DNA. If it is negative then you are indeed cured. Congratulations! DTD

New Medication