Post Rebetrol treatment

I recently completed a six month course of treatment with Rebetrol combo therapy. My doctor said that my virus count was undetectable. He scheduled me for an ultrasound to rule out hepatoma and more blood work before our next visit. I had both of these done last Monday, I recieved a call from the Doctor and he wanted me to go for another blood test ( Hep C PCR Quant ) before we meet next week. My question is: What is this test for and does it have anything to do with the ultrasound?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The ultrasound is really just for large lesions and gallstones. The HCV PCR is the bottom line here. If it is negative, you have eradicated the virus and that is the goal of therapy! Hoping for a negative PCR, good luck! DTD

heptitis c
Hep B window