Jul 23, 2001
my brother in law was just told he had heptits c. How contagious is it?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is not very contagious. Mostly transmitted by blood and rarely by heterosexual sex, hepatitis C is easily transmitted. Gay sex is more often associated with transmission and I am seeing a lot more of that in NY lately. However from a family perspective, you can safely kiss your brother-in-law on the cheek and not worry about hepatitis C transmission. On second thought, he might need a hug too! DTD
Hep B transmission
Post Rebetrol treatment
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Condom Inside Out
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.