Hep B transmission

After a routine check-up and blood tests, my doctor told me I have Hepatitis C. He said I also had Hep B but I am immune to it now. What does this mean? Can I still spread Hep B?

My only risk factor was receiving plasma trasnsfusion as a child twenty-two years ago. If I had the virus for this long, and never had any symptoms, does this mean that I should okay? My doctor took a biopsy and said that the inflammation is very minimal. Blood tests show slightly elevated liver enzymes.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The antibody to the Hepatitis B means, that your body cleared the virus,and you are no longer infectious. You should have a complete evaluation of your liver status.HCV can take 2-3 decades or more, to severely damage the liver.This can happen in asymptomatic patients, and even in the absence of any lab. alteration.If you have no significant damage at this time,and you are right about the possible time of infection ,your chances are very good that HCV is not going to affect your health.

Passing the virus to one another
heptitis c