Jul 4, 2001
What exectly, in detail is Hepatitis B? Is it contageous? Are there any cures?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Hep B is a virus that produces acute viral hepatitis.It is cleared from the bodyin the majority of cases, but in around 3% stays in the liver.It can cause cirrhosis and end stage liver disease.It is trasmitted by blood, as in sharing neddles, and by sexual contact.
Follow-up question: PEG IFN and Rebotron vs. Ribavirin
Passing the virus to one another
- Who Are The Carriers Of Hpv?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What If You Have Chlamydia For Over A Year?
- What Does Herpes On The Vagina Look Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Ways To Contract Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.