Jul 4, 2001
What exectly, in detail is Hepatitis B? Is it contageous? Are there any cures?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Hep B is a virus that produces acute viral hepatitis.It is cleared from the bodyin the majority of cases, but in around 3% stays in the liver.It can cause cirrhosis and end stage liver disease.It is trasmitted by blood, as in sharing neddles, and by sexual contact.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will I Never Be Able To Have Unprotected Sex With Herpes?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 2 Weeks?
- When Will I See A Blister On My Lips If I Have Herpes?
- What Percent Of People Around The World Have Herpes?
- On What Areas Of The Body Can A Herpes Sore Show Up
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.