quick explanation please

Dr. I understand that this is not a hepatitis question but I would really appreciate a explanation if you would be so kind. I had protected sex with a sex worker use a condom that she provided and a month later I had a reative ELISA test. I then took a Western blot test that showed irregular antibodies in the P55 band. I then tested negative ELISA at 2 and three months along with a Negative RNA test at three months. When I was first told that I was reactive, my doctor told me that there was no chance that the test was wrong and that he was sure that I was infected, I am overseas and have not received any explanation of what happened. I read so much about how accurate the ELISA is and how rare is a false positive, so how come me ? Right after a low risk but possible exposure ? I would really feel a whole lot better if a doctor who I think knows what he is talking about could just give me a quick explanation, my doctor here speaks very little English. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is not particularly uncommon to get false positive Elisa test. If you have had other negative ones and a negative RNA then there is nothing to worry about. Relax and enjoy life! DTD

Please Answer,Urgently.Thanks
sewage life