The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Answer,Urgently.Thanks
Jul 4, 2001

Hello Doctor Please please answer my question.I have posted my question 2 times before but never got answer from anywhere.In last week of december i happened to go to a massage parlour.The only thing that happened was the girl giving me a vigrous hand job and whole body massage.

after 25 days of this incident i had swelling just on the left side of my belly button which was very painfull which went away slowly after 2 i get that pain after every few days and i can feel round big balls just below the skin which are very painfull.the round ball which was intially only one in number ,now there are many round balls in that area upto chest bone on left side which are sore to touch.I went to a family doctor who could not understand the reason for this and ordered a CBC.The result of cbc were high eosinophil count(10) and Triglycerides everythink was ok.I have read that during HIV eosinophils and triglyceride levels go up.could it be because of that and what these painfull round balls could be ,are they lymph nodes?Doctor i am very scared and not able to concentarte on my work.please answer.THANKS

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It sounds like you may have something allergic, not related to your sexual experience. However, you should certainly have a CT scan of the abdomen and see a GI MD to evalulate these lesions. It does not sound like HIV, but you of course should be tested to be sure. Good luck! DTD

Conflicting Info
quick explanation please

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint