Jul 4, 2001
i am a highly infected hepatitis b carrier and hiv. what medication is available
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question. Most HIV patients take epivir(3TC) which is active against hepatitis B and if that is holding it, that may be all you need. However there is a high incidence of resistance to 3TC in HBV and that may be a bigger problem in the future. Ask your MD to check your HBV DNA and if it is positive, you may need a liver biopsy. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Negative Western Blot
- Ache In Testicles After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Achy Balls After Docking Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.