cocerned2

hi,my name is kelly and i just found out i', hepc positive. i have two children, is there a need for me to not be around them, can they get it that way or am i over reacting? i love my children and i'm concerned for there health as well. please answer soon, i'm scared for them.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Kelly, Don't worry about transmitting hepatitis C to your children now. It is only transmitted by blood to blood contact. There is a small (about 5%) chance that you could have passed it on to them at birth. You should have them tested just once and then forget about it. However, you yourself should get evaluated for treatment now. Good luck, this a curable illness! DTD

just found out I had hep c 29 years ago.
hepatitis b