|just found out I had hep c 29 years ago.
Jul 4, 2001
two and a half years ago a liver function test I asked for was normal results. Can a person have cirrhosis of the liver and have normal liver function test results? What should I do next? Thank you. St
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Yes.Around 25% of all cases of chronic Hepatitis C never have hepatic enzimes elevations,even if the liver is cirrhotic.Unfortunately ,also around a third of all cases are diagnosed late in the disease.
Hepatitis and AIDS MEDS
- How Does Thrush Spread To Other People?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Can Cunnilingus Cause Hiv Transfer?
- Dating Sites For HIV Positive People
- Does Long Lasting Herpes Outbreak Mean I Am Infected With HIV?
- Hiv Transmission In Lesbian Sex With Grinding Or Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.