symptoms&sideeffects of int'fron

Dear Dr.thanks for your answer to my ques.dated june 5th (ch. hept.are find.sugstv) You state:the low viral load is a good sign,therapy can be held up as for now,intrafron with revabrin wud be the option:please clarify,the side effects of intrafron whatsoever? what should be the platelete count to start therapy? what kind of weight loss is normal? what is the role of the genotype, does interafron work on all? I am vitnessing a continuous pain around 2" below my right ribcage, is it a symptom of hep. c" or can we attribute it to the detected "IBS"many thanks again,your advise is eagerly awaited

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Interferon tx.side effects are many.The most common are general malaise ,asthenia, weakness,anorexia,leukopenia,thrombocytopenia ,weight loss,depression insomnia etc.. Usually we want the platelet count to be over 75,000,but this may vary in trials, and if the patient has or not other infections. Genotypes are important,because they are predictors of response;gen.1 respond worse to treatment.

Am I naive?
Hepatitis and AIDS MEDS