HBsAg positive

I recently had my Doctor run a Hep panel for me and my results for all forms of Hep were negative except for Hep B. The test results only showed one line which read "HBsAg confirmation positive hepatitis B surface antigen confirmed by neutralization assay". Does this mean I am a carrier and can infect others? I have read several interpretation guides and they all seem to indicate that any HBsAg positive reading indicates a contagious carrier. Is it possible to be positive on this and still have antibodies that would make me immune and not contagious?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Yes you are a carrier,and can infect other people.If the rest of the panel is negative ,this means that you do not have detectable antibodies to the surface antigen.

hep A or B