|hep A or B
Jun 23, 2001
My brother came home recently, an active drug user, involved with HIV positive people, saying that his lovers have Hep A and/or B, I heard that either one of these are airborne and I don't know how they are communicable, can you please tell me how you can contract either strains of Hepititis A and B and how I can protect myself from getting infected.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Hepatitis B is contracted by exposure to blood or sex,as in sharing needles etc.It is not airborne.You cannot obtain it by ordinary contact with your brother.Hep.A is adquired by the ingestion of water or food contaminated by the virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.