Sight problem while on treatment

Dear Doctor, My vision is lowering and I am going to see an Ophtamologist, but I would like some knowledge before I see him. What kind of desease would appear for the vision during Peg-Riba treatment? Thank you....Mathilda

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

It is extremely unusual to have any eye side effect from the interferon tx.there have been some casesof neuropathy of the optical nerve and sight loss reported during pegylated interferons use but the relation to the drug is unclear. I have had patients with visual disturbances associated to thyroid problems with the interferon. Again, the most common problem would be a disorder unrelated to the therapy. Go to your ophtalmologist,and check.

should we wait for new approval?
class 3 hep c