Kindly help me clarify

You mentioned that Hep B is not easily transmitted via kissing unless there is blood present. Would both individuals need to have blood for one to infect the other? I recently engaged in a 15 sec or less kiss with a co-worker and I am worried about possible transmission of not only HIV but Hep B as well since I have occasional bleeding gums. My partner however did not appear to have blood present in his mouth. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

There has to be blood and a break in the skin or mucosa to have a possibility,the risk is low in the setting you describe.

university of zululand
Advice please.