Jun 5, 2001
I am awaiting the approval of pegylated interferon for Hep C infection. I was a non responder to the Intron A-ribivirin therapy. Is there any recent data on studies completed on pegylated interferon that can give me hope of one day overcoming HEP C?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
We are just starting to sort out the data on studies for naive (first time therapy),and very little available on studies for non-responders.There are some promising early results of Pegasys -RBV-Amantadine trials at 24 weeks,and also other trials with Zadaxin-Pegasys-RBV. We should have some data in 24 weeks.We are pretty sure we should achieve better results than with Rebetron.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.