Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

pegylated interferon
Jun 5, 2001

I am awaiting the approval of pegylated interferon for Hep C infection. I was a non responder to the Intron A-ribivirin therapy. Is there any recent data on studies completed on pegylated interferon that can give me hope of one day overcoming HEP C?

Thank You

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

We are just starting to sort out the data on studies for naive (first time therapy),and very little available on studies for non-responders.There are some promising early results of Pegasys -RBV-Amantadine trials at 24 weeks,and also other trials with Zadaxin-Pegasys-RBV. We should have some data in 24 weeks.We are pretty sure we should achieve better results than with Rebetron.

Previous
Hep A vacination
Next
After the cure...?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.