chronic hepatitis,are these findings suggestive

dear Dr. I'm from India>jaipur and have been diagnosed hcv rna positive the quantitative result shows:3279copy/ml(out of range)reference range H 0-600.the biopsy shows : maintained architecture.minimal portal inflamation and mild fetly change. in one area cepsular fibrous tissue is seen.one fibrous sept..from this area is seen going into the parenchyml.histological changes are minimal.HAI SCORE-2, STAGE -0-1.(WHAT ARE THE PROBABLITIES OF CURE?,ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS OF INF OR REVABRIN WHAT THEREAPY LINE WOULD YOU HAVE RECOMENDED.? AGED 32 WITH ONLY ONE SURGICAL HIST. AROUND 2YRS BACK AND JAUNDICE AT THE AGE OF 11, HOW COULD I HAVE GOT THIS VIRUS? ARE CHANCES OF ME PASSING THIS VIRUS TO MY KIDS THERE, PLEASE ADVICE THERE IS NO PLACE OR COMPITENT PERSON HERE TO CONVINCE.MY eMAIL:amitrajpurohit@yahoo.co.in thanks

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The liver biopsy results show that you have mild disease.You also have low viral load,and this is a good prognosis factor.At this moment ,you will not need treatment with this severity of hepatitis ,and you may opt to withold therapy. If treatment would be considered at any time soon,the best alternative would be pegylated IFN and Ribavirin combination. This disease is trasmitted by blood,but up to 25% of all cases have no obvious risk factor.You have no risk of infecting your children,except caution with wounds ,but need to consider that there is a low but present risk of sexual trasmission.Good luck!!

Hiv tests I and II
Hep A vacination