Hiv tests I and II
Jun 2, 2001
After reading many of questions posted on your site I am curious..What aare the different hiv tests? I was tested for hiv but did not know there are different types. Does this mean hiv might show up in one test and not another?
Response from Dr. Santana
June 2, 2001
HIV-I, HIV-2 serology tests are done simultaneously at most labs in E.U., Europe, P.R. and most places. If you have doubts please contact your local lab. or Red Cross affiliate. HIV-2 prevalence is very small in the western hemisphere and most case have been imported.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Penicillin Cure Chlamydia?
- Can You Get Herpes If You Use A Condom?
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.