|Hiv tests I and II
Jun 2, 2001
After reading many of questions posted on your site I am curious..What aare the different hiv tests? I was tested for hiv but did not know there are different types. Does this mean hiv might show up in one test and not another?
Response from Dr. Santana
June 2, 2001
HIV-I, HIV-2 serology tests are done simultaneously at most labs in E.U., Europe, P.R. and most places. If you have doubts please contact your local lab. or Red Cross affiliate. HIV-2 prevalence is very small in the western hemisphere and most case have been imported.
HIV consentrations in body fluids
chronic hepatitis,are these findings suggestive
- Do Flu Symptoms Mean I Have Hiv?
- Does Muscle Ache Mean I Have AIDS?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.