|HIV consentrations in body fluids
Jun 2, 2001
I teach a HIV Prevention Counselor Training class. A participant asked if the consentration of HIV is greater in semen than blood if you looked at equal amounts, e.g. cubic centimeter.
| Response from Dr. Santana
June 2, 2001
No, the concentration in blood and cells is always higher than in semen, aproximately 2.5 times at any given point.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Body Fluids You Can Get Aids From
- Hiv Concentration In Body Fluids
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Hiv Attacking The White Blood Cells
- What Does It Mean If My Pap Smear Is Normal But I Am Hpv Positive?
- What Does A Herpes Blister Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.