|hep c patient,new treatment
Jun 1, 2001
50yr old male hcv patient,had interferon and ribavirin therapy both failed.dr. wants to try pegulated interferon on my case.how successful can i expect this treatment to be?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The new pegylated interferons with ribavirin (not without)are very effective, even in people who have not responded to treatment before. The sustained response rate (cure) is well over 50% for both companies' drugs. I would go for it with the combination treatment! DTD
Hep C and hydroxurea
- Is Flu Symptoms A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- Prickling Tingle Symptoms In Vagina
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test After Six Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.