Questionable Lymph Node/Medical Mystery

Somebody please help me.. this is driving me crazy. In November I had an inguinal lymph node removed and biopsied and although I was relieved that it was not cancer, the pathologist highly suggested HIV due to the characteristics of the node. I tested negative for HIV right before this surgery. I have again tested at the 9 month and 12 month mark and also had a P24 done at the 9 month mark. I am a female and the man I was with back in March 2000 had previously been an IV drug user. Now that HIV has been suggested to me by a pathologist, I am convinced that I am a late seroconverter due to possible co-infection with hepatitis. Another weird thing about this is that back in March 2000, I tested borderline positive for the Hep B surface antibody.... I had another hep panel done more recently in December 2000 and everything was negative, however it was the acute panel which was run and did not test for hep B surf antibody. The man I was with tested for HIV for me in December 2000 (I saw his test) it was negative. Is it possible that he and I are both dually infected with hiv/hep and just havent produced antibodies yet? Would infection to Hep C cause Hep B surface antibodies to show up slightly positive? I did have a flu shot 4 mos prior to the hep b antibody showing positive... is that possible? Sorry so long... so much to convey here.. please write back

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

If you tested positive for HBsAB, this means that you cleared the HBV, and that you have inmmunity.This is the (surface antibody).Hepatitis C antibody, be detectable up to a year after infection,so if you are in doubt, you should have a HCV PCR.

Blood Test results
Questionable Lymph Node, Part III