hiv testing?

I think I might have been exposed to hiv a year ago, although I was tested for hiv 3 mos ago with a negative result, I am experiencing symptoms which mimic hiv infection, ie yeast, papilloma virus, herpes which seem not to respond to tx. How soon would hiv show up if I was infected? I have had hep c but have tested negative for 5 yrs after interfuron and ribavarin. Could this tx have suppressed hiv? What else would mimic these symptoms? I had a physical 5 months ago and all blood work looked good. Very confused...Should I continue to test for hiv every 3 or 6 months?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

If you are testing negative to the HCV PCR test so late after treatment,you can be a 100% sure that it is gone. This treatment has no effect on HIV.YOU need to be sure that you are getting the correct tests,and if it is negative,the better fo you.!!You can have other chronic viral infections as herpes ,etc.without having HIV.

Too soon to show up?
Blood Test results