|Too soon to show up?
May 28, 2001
I had a regular blood test with a liver scan for my cholesteral about 45 days after a potential exposure. Is that too soon to show any signs of hepatitis or would that kind of test not find any signs?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If you mean to say that you had a "hepatic profile" ,meaning liver tests ,it may be early to detect acute B or C Hepatitis.The term "liver scan" ,is used for a radioisotope study that can show hepatocellular disease or space occupying lessions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Does Herpes Symptoms Appear After Infection?
- What Does Gonorrhea Look Like In The Mouth?
- What Color Is The Genital Warts Discharge?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Aids Or Hpv From Open Mouth Kissing?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Syphilis Rash On Hands Legs Feet
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.