|Too soon to show up?
May 28, 2001
I had a regular blood test with a liver scan for my cholesteral about 45 days after a potential exposure. Is that too soon to show any signs of hepatitis or would that kind of test not find any signs?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If you mean to say that you had a "hepatic profile" ,meaning liver tests ,it may be early to detect acute B or C Hepatitis.The term "liver scan" ,is used for a radioisotope study that can show hepatocellular disease or space occupying lessions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Warts With Gonorrhea?
- Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding In Toddlers
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.