|Too soon to show up?
May 28, 2001
I had a regular blood test with a liver scan for my cholesteral about 45 days after a potential exposure. Is that too soon to show any signs of hepatitis or would that kind of test not find any signs?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If you mean to say that you had a "hepatic profile" ,meaning liver tests ,it may be early to detect acute B or C Hepatitis.The term "liver scan" ,is used for a radioisotope study that can show hepatocellular disease or space occupying lessions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Fingering Worried I Have
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.