I'M A LITTLE UPSET WITH YOU

You have not reponded to my query of why you said the window should be 12 months rather than 6 as the CDC guidelines are.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

I am sorry it took a while to answer.I have been traveling so much recently,and did not understand your concern,till I reviewed my previous answers.I did not want to imply a different standard than what is reccomended by CDC.A six (6) month is the rule to check for HIV seroconverssion,but HCV seroconverssion can occur as late as (12) months later. My problem with these kind of questions ,is that my experience with patients that admit risky behavior,is that the time intervals can be in doubt or rather confussed. I prefer to err on the safe side, more than to give short term assurances. Your best attitude toward this ,would be ,to have zero risk behavior at all.Good luck.!!!

HEPC
Hepatitus C