May 23, 2001
My son,a medical student got a drop blood in his eye from an patient, HIV posiive and Hepitiis C positive. How bad are his chances of getting these diseases's. They have startedhin on the "cocktail"Please respond soon.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The chances of converting to positive for HIV and HCV are very remote.There are no reports of splashes as you describe,transmitting HCV to my knowledge.Be reassured,it will be O.K.
hepC symtoms 2nd request
- Is Muscle Ache An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
- Can Someone Else Get Stds By Touching Your Sperm?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.