hepC symtoms 2nd request

I sent a question to you about symtoms of hep C and have yet to see a response I am really concerned about this issue because I have heard the horrible stories I was just diagnosed last week with hepC and I have suffered the severe high fevers and even had a reaction to some anti biotics called cephalexin which complicated maters even more and drove the fevers to 106.1 and convulsions.I am sceduled for an ultra sound this mornin for abnormal LFT's and my doc says its because they are so squirly.I have had the body pains and you name it it has happened.I had 16 days of high fevers and now some signs of low grade fevers.I amgetting tired real easy and ithchy now.I am wondering if you can estimated the duration of this by the symptoms that I am showing at this time? How long will these symptoms keep up? Shouldn't I be on some meds or something? thanks

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The majority of the cases of Hepatitis C are asymptomatic unless they have advanced liver damage.Acute hepatitis C has the same symptoms as any acute viral hepatitis,but is rarely icteric, and is usually mild and limited in time.You need to have aditional work up for other diseases that may explain your symptoms.

Caffein and fiber for HBV
Hepitis C