|What can I do to protect myself?
May 26, 2000
My roommate recently turned yellow and was diagnosed with Hepatitis A or B. What is the best way to avoid getting it myself? thanks
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
You need to know which one. Hep A is very contagious and needs to be quarantined in the bathroom because it is in stool. Hepatitis B is bloodborne and sexually transmitted so don't share needles or don't have sex with him! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Ways You Can Catch Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of My Partner Having Genital Warts And Me Not?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Waiting Time For Chlamydia Test Results
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.