What can I do to protect myself?
May 26, 2000
My roommate recently turned yellow and was diagnosed with Hepatitis A or B. What is the best way to avoid getting it myself? thanks
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You need to know which one. Hep A is very contagious and needs to be quarantined in the bathroom because it is in stool. Hepatitis B is bloodborne and sexually transmitted so don't share needles or don't have sex with him! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Testicular Pain A Sign Of AIDS?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.