Sex and hep C
May 26, 2000
My girlfriend is HIV positive, and has hepatitis C. We've been using condoms, and been careful about the HIV part. Now that she has an illness, I'm a little sketched about having sex with her. For hep C, is a condom enough, or do we have to stop foreplay, kissing and so forth too?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hep C is a lot less contagious through body contact than HIV. It is only blood that is an issue and the blood has to get into your bloodstream. It is not well transmitted sexually. Relax, don't share razors or toothbrushes or anything with blood on it. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.