Sex and hep C

My girlfriend is HIV positive, and has hepatitis C. We've been using condoms, and been careful about the HIV part. Now that she has an illness, I'm a little sketched about having sex with her. For hep C, is a condom enough, or do we have to stop foreplay, kissing and so forth too?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hep C is a lot less contagious through body contact than HIV. It is only blood that is an issue and the blood has to get into your bloodstream. It is not well transmitted sexually. Relax, don't share razors or toothbrushes or anything with blood on it. DTD

Hep C contagion
What can I do to protect myself?